The Design Committee creates an attractive, coordinated and quality visual image of the downtown by capitalizing on its unique physical assets and architectural heritage.
The Economic Vitality Committee works to develop a market strategy that will result in an improved retail mix, a stronger tax base, increased investor confidence, and a stable role for the downtown as a major component of the town’s economy.
The Organization Committee works to recruit new leadership for the downtown revitalization organization and develop partnerships to assist with the implementation of its programs and projects. This committee stays in close touch with its supporters, works to mobilize a large number of volunteers, and raises funds for the ongoing operations of the downtown revitalization effort.
The Promotion Committee markets a unified, quality image of the business district as the center of activities, goods and services to retailers, shoppers, investors, and tourists.
The Arts and Activities Alliance seeks to increase appreciation and understanding of the visual and literary arts and area artists; to allow the community to create works of visual and literary art; and to build community connections through sharing ideas and exploring topics of interest related to visual and literary art, health and wellness, the mind/body/spirit connection, and the creative process. This committee:
- Stages indoor and outdoor art exhibits and activities for the main street
- Coordinates field trips to artists’ studios
- Develops a Calendar of Activities for community involvement in the arts, healthful living, and the creative process
- Maintains strong connections among area artists, the business community, and the residents
- Works toward promoting an interesting, friendly, and attractive community and enhancing the quality of community life.
If any of our committees interest you, please contact us for the next meeting location, date and time. We’d love to here fom you!
This just in, volunteers needed to help with Town Visioning and Implementation Plan January 2017! Call 610 369-3054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the next meeting is scheduled.