Welcome to Building a Better Boyertown
Building a Better Boyertown (BBB) is a non-profit organization formed in 2002. Boyertown, PA is a Main Street Community, received funding from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and private donors to focus on downtown revitalization.
BBB staff and volunteers develop and accomplish tasks that maintain Boyertown’s historical heritage, promote downtown Boyertown and attract people to the community. They concentrate on business recruitment and retention and on providing technical assistance and grant opportunities for property and business owners in the Main Street District to make facade improvements enhancing the town's Victorian architecture.
Overall, Boyertown's approach to revitalization is comprehensive in nature. We are always looking for fresh faces and ideas to help us achieve our goals. Come join us, and the fun!
Join Our Business Members and Receive a ‘Proud Business Member’ Plaque for Your Business
March 25, 2014 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Come to the public meeting at Borough Hall Community Room and learn more about The Keystone Community Designation and Facade grants. The Heritage Tree will be awarded and all business members will receive a beautiful business member plaque for 2014.
Building a Better Boyertown (BBB) is governed by its Board of Directors which consists of twenty (20) members. These board members sustain the grassroots of Boyertown’s revitalization efforts and are the backbone of such a successful not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.BBB volunteers obtain a first-rate sense of worth from being a fundamental element of the community, knowing that they are the grounds for Boyertown being a “Special Kind of Place.” Community revitalization is a team effort, community action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes Boyertown a better place to live.
Borough Hall Community Room100 S. Washington Street, Boyertown, PA 19512. This event is accessible to people with disabilities.
March 16th 7 pm: Boyertown and Oil City
Discover Main Street PA takes a trip to Boyertown to learn about this town’s rich history and future plans. Learn about the Boyertown native who played a part in the creation of the U.S. Air Force, and about the industries that helped to found this quaint town.
Small businesses line the main streets offering residents and visitors charming accommodations, a variety of eateries, a world-renowned glass blowing studio, and many other attractions.
PCN-TV is carried on local channel Comcast 128. To view the show click here
- The Boyertown Area Historical Society presents:
- Haunted Boyertown By Charles J Adams, III
- A Book Signing at the Boyertown Farmers Market
- Saturday, March 15, 2014
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- At The Other Farm Brewing Company
- 128 East Philadelphia Avenue, Boyertown PA 19512
- For Valentine’s Day Sweet Beginnings and The State Theatre are partnering to present “Dinner and a Show” in Boyertown on Friday February 14th at 6 pm.
- One of the nicest things about living in a small town is not just how neighbors help each other, but also how local businesses work together. A perfect example is the upcoming Valentine’s Day Dinner and a Show – a partnership between The State Theatre of Boyertown and Sweet Beginnings Restaurant & Catering.
- Tickets must be pre-ordered by Feb. 10 for the Feb. 14 event.
The BBB Route 73 Billboard reaches between 8,000 – 10,000 consumers
every single day. There are eight available ad spaces on the board. All Building a Better Boyertown Business Members receive an advertising discount.
To have your company advertised, please contact:
Patsy’s Potpourri of Gifts
30 East Philadelphia Avenue, Boyertown, PA 19512
Very soon you will see Boyertown’s newly purchased caboose perched
on the tracks by East Philadelphia Avenue. The caboose is on it’s way from Virginia traveling by rail.
The Caboose was purchased by the Boyertown Lion’s Club and the Boyertown Rotary in preparation for the tourist train coming to Boyertown later this year.
To learn more visit http://www.colebrookdalerailroad.com/
Please join us!
Membership Holiday Open House Celebration
The Other Farm Brewing Company
128 E. Philadelphia Avenue
5:00 – 9:00 PM
Tuesday, December 17th
Building a Better Boyertown members and guests are welcome. Invite co-workers and friends. This is a celebration of the past year’s successes and a preview of what’s coming in 2014. Festive refreshments will be served.
Come to Downtown Boyertown and get your free photo with Santa!
- This Saturday December 7th from 11 am to 2 pm Santa will be in downtown Boyertown.
- Come out and enjoy the craft tables along with Santa’s helpers. The Grinch will be sure to make an appearance along with Santa’s Reindeer!
- To participate please fill out the attached Chillin Participation Form and email it to Manager@boyertownpa.org or call 610 369-3054 for more information.
Don’t miss Boyertown’s Holiday Open House Tour on December 6th
- Advance Ticket Price: $12
- Tickets: $15 day of tour
- Advanced tickets are available at Frecon Farms, Twin Turrets Inn, Zimmers Pets and The Boyertown Area Historical Society.
- Businesses participating on the tour can drop off their specials at the Boyertown Area Historical Society located at 43 South Chestnut Street
- The Historical Society’s new hours starting November 19th are: Tuesday 6-9pm and Wednesday 9 am to 4 pm
- Business are open during the tour, so be sure to stop in for special discounts for tour participants: Here is a preview of what they are offering: Business Specials
As the seasons change, we cannot help but notice some of the more obvious transformations: shorter days, cooler weather, the color of the leaves. Those who regularly shop at a farmers market may also notice the different varieties of produce for sale. With winter coming, we take a lesson from nature and go indoors. From November through May, we’ll be at The Other Farm Brewing Company (128 East Philadelphia Ave) Every 1st and 3rd Saturday from 10 am to 12 noon.
We are always looking for locally grown/produced items to feature at the Boyertown Farmers Market. Contact us if you’re interested in becoming a vendor.