I am requesting your help. You probably already know my story…..I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in March, 2009 and went through the normal routine of 8 chemotherapy treatments, lumpectomy and lymph node surgery and 37 days of radiation . I thought things were okay until March, 2013 when I found out that my cancer was now metastatic to both lungs which again followed with 18 chemotherapy treatments. Needless to say, January, 2015 brought yet another oncology report that my cancer has now invaded my entire liver, so I am currently in treatment again….and I know that God will be my strength and be beside me throughout this journey as well.
As a result of hearing those awful words “You Have Cancer” my family and friends started a
Relay for Life Team to raise awareness as well as monies to help find a cure for this horrible disease.
Our team has raised $27,336.47 since we started in 2010. Over the past seven years, Boyertown’s RFL raised more than $1,240,000. Boyertown RFL has made it their mission to raise money for American Cancer Society because the unfortunate truth is that cancer affects all people, regardless of age, sex, religion, financial status, etc. In fact we all know someone who is afflicted with, or has lost their battle to cancer. The most recent statistic is that 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
As I mentioned, I am asking for your help. Please consider one of the following:
1. Get involved by joining my team…..we always have fun with everything we do!!
Our next fundraiser is a Bowling-for-a-Cure on March 14 at Jay Lanes Bowling Alley in Pottstown from 6-8 pm. We’d love to see you there…..you can bowl with us for just $10
2. Purchase a Luminiaria (just $10…see attachment)) in memory of someone who lost their battle or to honor a Survivor
3. Register for the Survivor Ceremony if you are a survivor…or invite a survivor you know to register (See attachment)
4. Attend the Boyertown Relay for Life event at the Boyertown Community Park on
Saturday, June 27, 2015. The event goes from 10 am on Saturday through 10 am on
Sunday……our team will be a Site #18
5. Make a donation to American Cancer Society— help us beat cancer.
6. If you own a business or know someone who does, they can become a corporate sponsor by making a tax deductible donation. It’s also good advertising. Contact me to see how.
You can go online at www.relayforlife.org/paboyertown and click on the donate now tab….just search by name (Susan Kochu) or team name (Save Sue’s Ta-Ta’s) or you can send a check made payable to American Cancer Society….please send everything to my home at 24 E 4th St., Boyertown, Pa, 19512. If you would like you can contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I cannot thank you enough for your support. Together, we will find a cure so that no one has to hear “You Have Cancer”.
P.S. You may be able to double or triple your impact through the support of your employer! Find out if your company will match your gift at http://www1.matchinggifts.com/acs/.